Boot Camp 5- Making the most of your Workout with Hills
Friday, August 17, 2012
First off we want to give a shout out to one of our promotional partners, Personal Trainer Sutton – thanks for helping get HappyFitMe out there.
Bootcamp #5 was a good one! I thought this one was going to be hard and I was right. The fact that we had a nice hill to do it on made it even harder. At the end of the workout though we were still smiling. It was brutal hard but lots of fun. Here you go.
You will need a hill, a ball, one skipping rope for every two people, and plenty of water to drink.
- 5 minute jog with a ball, which you will pass around however you like for the next 5 minutes. Jog in a circle and play catch.
- Line up single file and begin running, on the word “go” the last person in line must sprint to the front of the line and become the new leader. Repeat this exercise until everyone has lead. Keep the line no more than 7 people. You may have to have two lines going at the same time.
- Finish with a quick stretch of the hamstrings, hip flexors and calves
Relay races- On flat ground
Split up into equal teams and set a distance of about 25-yards. Do the following races- the winning team does 20 jacks, the losing team does 10 burpees (for each race).
- Lunges there and back
- Bear walk/ mountain climber run – running with both hands and feet on the ground at the same time
- On the spot- 20 high five sit up with your team- sitting in a circle with your team, do a sit up and high five the person beside you or in front of you- all sit-ups must go the speed of the slowest person on the team so that you all finish together- challenge your team mates to go fast.
As a team
- Stand in a circle with arms out so that you can touch each other’s hands only. Begin squatting as a team while passing a ball around the circle overhead. Everyone must keep their arms “flapping” up and out to horizontal in order to pass the ball around the circle. this takes coordination too. Continue togo around the circle for 2 minutes without stopping. 7-8 in our group is a good size.
- Plank and Jump- Everyone must have a partner and one rope. Hold the rope taut while performing a plank on your elbows. One person will jump with two feet over each rope for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds is up, the jumper will replace a “planker” . Continue the game until everyone has had a jumping turn. This is a great plank challenge.
To the hill- depending on the length of your hill you may want to just do 1 set.
- Run up and down the hill- control your run on the way down 2x
- Lunge up, jog down- 2x (your lunge can be a bit wider going up)
- Run up the hill crab walk down 2x- change directions of crab walk each time- you’ll love the burn your hamstrings get going backwards
- Side lunges up, jog down 2x
- Run up, plank walk down 2x
Tell me how you like this bootcamp. Our group loved it. THough they were good and tired by the end.
Have a Happy Day!